Keeping your kids reading this summer is critical to prevent summer learning loss. Reading at least 5 novel length books or trying to read about 20 minutes a day are good goals. Bookopolis.com offers several resources to support Summer Reading like:
1. Read-O cards (reading bingo) – fill it out, snap a pick and earn a Free book (good ones from Disney, Girls Who Code, and the Wimpy Kid publisher!) Download the Book Genre card, Where your Read card, or Make Your Own card.
2. Read 1000 minutes – log it in Bookopolis and earn a Free book
3. Set Reading Goals. Goals might be a certain number of books or minutes. Or to read more magazines or more nonfiction or a certain series you always wanted to read. Be creative! Download a template here.
4. Check out the Bookopolis Summer Reading lists organized by grade and genre here. If you need more ideas, I am always available to give you book ideas! Pro tip – take lots of trips to the library!!!
5. Encourage your kids to write Bookopolis reviews and add books to their “I Read It Shelf.”