One of the best parts of my job as the “Mayor of Bookopolis” is getting to read the hundreds of kid reviews that are shared on Bookopolis every day. As an avid kidlit reader, I’m often familiar with the books that kids review, but I absolutely love it when I learn about a new book from reading these reviews.
Here are 12 books for 2nd-9th grade readers that I had never heard of before reading reviews from Bookopolis kid readers that I have now added to my #WantToRead shelf. Click the cover to check out the full kid reviews and a longer summary of the book.
RECOMMENDED FOR 2nd-5th GRADERS
RECOMMENDED FOR 4th-8th GRADERS
RECOMMENDED FOR 6th-9th+ GRADERS
RECOMMENDED BY BOOKOPOLIS KID REVIEWERS
- Sassy: The Birthday Storm by Sharon Draper
- Justin Case: Rules, Tools, and Maybe a Bully by Rachel Vail
- Target Practice (Cleopatra in Space #1) by Mike Maihack
- Sherlock Bones, Volume 1 by Yuma Ando
- Alone by Megan Freeman
- The Worlds We Leave Behind by A.F. Harrold
- Some Places More Than Others by Renée Watson
- Anya and the Dragon by Sofiya Pasternack
- The Shape of Time (Rymworld Arcana Book One) by Ryan Calejo
- I Will Always Write Back: How One Letter Changed Two Lives by Martin Ganda, Caitlin Alifirenka, Liz Welch
- Hunger by Michael Grant
- Super Fake Love Song by David Yoon
Need more book recommendations? Visit the Bookopolis Picks lists organized by grade level and genre. Click on covers to read summaries and explore reviews written by kids, for kids.