Book clubs make reading FUN for both bookworms and reluctant readers and let students develop their comprehension & analysis skills in a low pressure environment.
Our virtual summer book clubs motivate kids to read more and dig deeper through engaging discussions with peers, book-related games & activities, and opportunity to explore new genres.
We have two different book clubs – one for younger elementary readers (entering 2nd-4th grade) and one for upper elementary/middle school readers (entering 4th-8th grade.) See below for the book selections for each month. The one-hour meetings will be led by Kari Riedel (aka the Mayor of Bookopolis) and held via Zoom monthly. Kids should read the book before the meeting and come ready to participate.
- Monday, June 19th | 1pm PT/ 4pm ET – 2pm PT/5pm ET
Once Upon A Tim by Stuart Gibbs
- Monday, July 17th | 1pm PT/ 4pm ET – 2pm PT/5pm ET
Jo Jo Makoons by Dawn Quigley
- Monday, August 7th | 1pm PT/ 4pm ET – 2pm PT/5pm ET
The Cardboard Kingdom by Chad Sell
- Tuesday, June 20th | 1pm PT/ 4pm ET – 2pm PT/5pm ET
Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman
- Tuesday, July 18th | 1pm PT/ 4pm ET – 2pm PT/5pm ET
Prairie Lotus by Linda Sue Park
- Tuesday, August 8th | 1pm PT/ 4pm ET – 2pm PT/5pm ET
The Tryout by Christina Soontornvat
Have questions? Email Kari@bookopolis.com
PS: If you’re looking for more ways to support your reader, check out the Bookopolis Summer Reading Headquarters.