Updated September 2021
For schools that use Canvas as their LMS, teachers and librarians can sign up for Bookopolis via Canvas. Accounts for educators and students will be created using your Canvas log in credentials.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to Bookopolis.com – Sign Up – Teacher – SIGN IN WITH CANVAS
2. Check if you school is already signed up for Bookopolis via Canvas. If not, add your school.
3. Fill out the following fields to Add a School. You may need to get some of this information from your district or school IT person.
- School Name should be your School Name
- ClientId should be ‘Id’ from Canvas Developer keys
- SecretKey should be ‘key’ from Canvas Developer keys
- Canvas Site URL should be key from your canvas site URL (example: sbcc.instructure.com)
Then click on ‘Add’ button.
You will see below message box on your screen indicating you have successfully added your institution to Bookopolis.
4. After your school has been added, teachers/librarians or students can sign in to www.bookopolis.com — > Log in / Sign-in — > Teacher / Student
Select your school from above screen. Then click on Sign in with Canvas button.
It will redirect you to enter your login credentials in your Canvas site.
Once you enter login credentials successfully it will asks you to authorize as shown in following screen:
4. Finally, you’re in Bookopolis! It will take you directly to your Teacher Dashboard.
5. Click on a Class name to see your students. Accounts will be auto created for your students based on their class assignments in Canvas.
For other help on using Bookopolis, explore the tutorials in your Teacher Dashboard or click here.
Have other questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send a feedback message anytime.